Friday, January 3, 2014

Actively Ashley 2014: The Year of Me

So, we all know that one person who always says they are going to start a diet, exercise, and get fit but they do it for a week maybe two and just stop. Well, I am or I should say was that person. But, not anymore. I want to lose weight. I need to lose weight. I will lose weight. 

I want to be active and feel good about myself and my body. The worst part is I was always very very active growing up. I was always outside, playing sports, running around, being active. I am not on the outside who I am on the inside. When did I become such a couch potato and food addict? Could it be from moving houses and losing all my friends I played outside with? Could it be from having to go to a new school where I knew not one person? Could it be from being pretty much depressed all through high school and up to recently? Could it be the year I didn't play soccer in high school because I wanted to focus on school? Was it from being completely and utterly exhausted from my job? Sure, those may have been factors of my laziness and bad eating habits but I'm done using them as excuses. I did this to me. Only I can undo it.

But this year it's not just about the weight. It's about doing what's best for me and only me. It's about saying yes to things instead of no. It's about putting myself out there instead of hiding. It's about being my own person and not someone else or part of someone else. It's about utilizing what I have to get what I want. It's about doing all the things I have always wanted to do but didn't because of my body image issues or the excuses I've made. It's about breaking down the barriers I have worked so hard to put up the last 6 years. It's about facing my fears instead of hiding from them. It is time to do me. 

It is time to be Actively Ashley.


2 comments: