Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mean Green Machine and Positive Mindset

Surprisingly, Day 1 and 2 have not been that bad! On Day 1 I decided to try the Mean Green Machine juice. It consists of 6 leaves of kale, 4 stalks of celery, 1 cucumber, 2 green apples (I used a mixed green and red apple), half a lemon, and about an inch of ginger root. It wasn't as good or as bad as I thought. I'll admit it took me awhile to drink a whole glass of it but I did. I was really happy I did because I know this juice is so very good for you! I drank the Mean Green Machine for lunch and in case I couldn't drink it all I had a slice of wheat bread with one scrambled egg on top with salt and pepper. I am not a huge egg person at all but I really enjoyed it on the wheat bread. In fact, I am not big on wheat bread either... Here is what lunch looked like on Day 1 and Day 2. (I couldn't stomach the Mean Green Machine today so I added an extra egg on today's slice of wheat bread)

 All in all it hasn't been too bad. However, I do not plan to exercise yet. I want to lose some weight first. I want to feel better and more energized before I exercise. It may sound stupid to some but I know what works best for me. In the summer of 2012 I lost 20 pounds without exercise by doing Weight Watchers. Unfortunately I gained more than half back but it will be different this time. If I lose 2 pounds a week I will be 10 pounds down by February 10. That makes me excited. That is when I will want to really start exercising.

I have been doing alright with my eating since Monday but I know I can still do better. A slow start is better than no start. That being said, I know this time will be different and more successful because my attitude is completely positive. Any other time when I tried to diet I would get so upset with myself for not doing the best I knew that I could do. Now, I know that it's okay to make a mistake now and then. I know if I have a bad meal for lunch I can still make a healthy decision for dinner. It is better to have one bad meal in a day than one whole day of bad meals. I know that now. However, this doesn't mean I plan on eating whatever I want for one meal a day. This just means it is not the end of the world or my journey if I happen to eat something I shouldn't every now and then. Progress is progress.

It feels good for my mind to be this positive. Hmmm, maybe that is the key to success.

- Active Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with positive thinking. It can be hard sometimes, but you will be amazed how DECIDING to be positive can actually make positive changes in your mood and life. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete