Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Final Countdown

Sooo, tomorrow is Day 1 and I am excited and nervous! I know it is going to be hard work but I know it is going to be worth it as well! I am also excited to try out our new juicer! Next weekend I'll be doing the Joe Cross 3-Day Weekend Juicing Cleanse! You have a juice for every meal except dinner for three days. I figured I should cleanse my body at the start of my weight loss journey to help things go along a little smoother. The inspiration for the cleanse is from Joe Cross's "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" documentary I watched on Netflix a few months ago. It is very motivational. I'll leave a link to his stuff at the end of this post.

For more exciting news, I and two of my best friends decided last night that we are going to go to Vegas for my 22nd Birthday! This really makes me want to be serious for my weight loss journey. It will be my own extra personal motivation. When I want to eat something I should't, I can just think "Vegas" and I won't want to eat it anymore. Okay, I will still want to but I just won't. Having lots of small goals easier to obtain rather than one big goal is better for me in anything I do. I, personally need to see some kind of progress to keep myself going. So, I will be weighing myself on a weekly basis and I have an idea of where I want to be by my Birthday in May. It is nothing drastic but my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. I feel 2 is safe and obtainable. I won't be upset if I just lose 1 either because one pound loss means not a pound gained.

Here's to Day 1 of being Actively Ashley!

Joe Cross:

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/joe-cross-3-day-weekend-juice-cleanse




2 comments:

  1. Your goals are good ones..... and a reward is also good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is so good. I watched it a year or so ago and tried to juice for a week. I think I lasted a few days but the idea is awesome.

    VEGAS!!! Woo!!! You guys are going to have a blast.

    ReplyDelete